WELCOME TO MEMORY CLINIC WALES
Memory Clinic Wales is the first memory clinic of its kind in the region.
The clinic was founded by Dr Christopher M James, a specialist in this field, and is committed to providing a high quality assessment and diagnostic service.
You will be personally assessed and managed by Dr Chris James who will make the appropriate referrals to other specialists if required.
Existing drugs called cholinesterase inhibitors, available as donepezil (Aricept), galanthamine (Reminyl), rivastigmine (Exelon) are prescribed by specialists. Recently their use has been restricted by the NICE guidelines within the NHS on the grounds that, while they may slow the progress of the dementia illnesses, they are not considered to be cost effective in the early stages of Alzheimer’s Dementia.
At Memory Clinic Wales, treatment is available with Cholinesterase Inhibitors for patients with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Dementia even when the condition is in the early stages.
Aims Of The Memory Clinic
- Early identification of memory problems and any related disorders.
- Comprehensive assessment and diagnosis.
- Support and advice for patient, relatives or friends.
- To consider a trial of medication.
- Make available information about other service providers.